Friday, November 28, 2008

Behold He comes

Today in the mountains of northern Italy – in Trentino in the Alto Adige area, an area and people neither classed as Italians or Germans, but a mixture of both culture and heritage – it has been snowing. And heavily I might add. It’s not like it to snow at this time of the year, because in this region there tends to be a time and season for most things. September - October, they harvest their apples and grapes, in readiness for the November rains, and January - February it snows. This region is an autonomous community and thus they grow and produce most of the things they eat or use. So even though the people here have welcomed this beautiful change, which has happened throughout this week, they are still somewhat perplexed.

Is there anyone out there that still remembers that there’s no God like Jehovah. He alone is greater than anything or anyone that you can ever imagine. Greater than your problems. Greater than that situation.

When my friend and colleague spoke to me this morning and said to me, Life of a stranger, this week is unlike what we know or have experience and I’ve lived here my whole life; I couldn’t help but to wonder, in the spiritual sense what does this mean? Throughout this year, most churches have spoken about this year being a year of new beginnings, a year for the fulfillment of God’s words and purposes in our lives. Many have experienced this change, and nations can attest to this, but individually is there some still wondering if it true? Still waiting for that change in their lives.

Some previous happy Friday everyone post I remember writing out what I felt the Lord was saying to me then - In these days he has shown his favour and taken away “your” disgrace among the people - Luke 1:25. He is watching to see that “His” word is fulfilled (Jer. 1:12), and "You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you." - Numbers 11:23. He continued on to say Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jer. 1:5). And even though at the time it came, I scoffed at it, and made light of it like Sarah did (when the visitors spoke to her husband about her conceiving this time next year – Gen. 18: 9-18); I did wonder what it all meant. You see, it came to me three months before the year was ending, and even though I knew my God is able, I figured, maybe He didn’t really mean it exactly as He said it. Maybe there may be other interpretations.

There may be less than 5weeks remaining till the end of the year, but it still doesn’t mean that God is still not able, to bring His words to pass in your individual lives. I did ask Him once, this year, You said and I heard and you told me that this is the year. At the time in pain and anguish, rose before dawn and took my petitions to Him (Psalm 119:147). He answered, and expressly did it too. He surprised me and surpassed all my expectations. He confirmed His words in my life. And In His season (and not the season designated by other), the heavens opened and showers of blessings started to pour down.

So you may ask, what does this mean, it means expect the unexpected. Hold on. Just because the year is almost over, does not mean He is not able to bring about what He has promised to you. For His words are eternal and stands firm forever (Psalm 119:89). And are indeed a lamp for our feet, and a light for our path (Psalm 119:105).

2 comments:

Naijadude said...

Thanks for the word of upliftment. It gave me reason to believe again, and I hope you will never lack words to inspire in Jesus Name.

Thanks.

A.

olusimeon said...

bless your heart loascm..
thank you so much for these words..