Friday, July 31, 2009

What Lies Underneath

It’s the first time this week the burrow seemed clear. A fine day I’m sure filled with so much possibilities, said Mr. Mouse, as he tried to take a peek out of his hole onto the distance. He needed no further convincing, and decided the time to step out and go yonder was now, and the day no longer to be wasted was today. As he struggled to walk on the snow covered undergrowth, deep inside the forest on a mountain peak, he couldn’t help but wonder if it may have been too soon to wonder out, for it had all of a sudden turned too cold, and his fur no longer as strong as it used to be against the wind. As he moved along, a van came alongside, swerving from one side of the path to the other albeit slowly in front of him. He observed, the two wheels on the left was completely eroded, and the two on the right had been replaced with the smaller emergency proxy – “I’m sure you’re only ever supposed to have one of these he thought”. The body covered in sooth, and out of the exhaust came black smoke. Immediately Mr. Mouse gave a hot chase, even he knew that he could outrun this van, for he thought to himself any moment now this van is heading for a disaster. As he came close to the driver’s side, he called out to the driver. The driver saw him acknowledged him, and made an attempt to stop the van. He had pressed on his breaks, which was unresponsive, but technically wasn’t needed; and he watched it roll to halt. They exchanged greeting, after which Mr. Mouse went on to ask him - “are you aware that your van is in a really bad way”? The driver replied, “I didn’t think it was that obvious”. Mr. Mouse continued, “I can be of help”.

The driver moved with the concern of Mr. Mouse, decided to oblige him. He set down his cargo, and they both started to work on the van. As they took the body parts off, they found that the base that should have acted as a shield had eroded away, and the main wafer type content insulator had been half eaten. “No, this will not do” exclaimed Mr. Mouse, “this will not do at all”.

The driver suggested an alternative, but it just was not enough. No no, Mr. Mouse insisted, it must be new. No, no, it must be clean. “I know a place” said Mr. Mouse. You need a complete rectangular base that is made of steel with winged edges - this will prevent any thing from penetrating in. I know too where to get four brand new wheels and a warm spring where we can get fresh water to wash out the dirt from the van including the cargo. This way whatever is left of the soft wafer part of the van could be protected from any further damage”. The driver excited at this followed Mr. Mouse and did as he suggested. His cargo washed of its dirt, was returned to him of greater worth than when he started; for it had become so clean and sparkled so.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We awaken in the morning wearied and burdened so, but thinks as long as we stay away from people and hide our emotions, no one needs to know what is going on underneath. We think that because it is hidden deep within, it won’t affect the exterior part of us. *erm* wrong!! If everything is not ok, then it really isn’t ok and it’s time for us to find out how we can improve our lives.

We need to first admit to ourselves that we are broken. The outer appearance of the van was in a bad way, because the base had rotted with the worries of life and penetrated the heart. And we know the heart is vital for the maintance of the body. For many of us, our heart is almost on its last lap, and at any moment about to go belly up. But that’s because our shield that should be acting as our protection is not as strong as it should be. We have not bothered to build on it, and to make sure that nothing comes any where near it. And for those of us who have not tried Jesus, I beseech you to try HIM, and see if He is not more than able to shield you in times of trouble. There used to be a time when I battled with my emotion as I saw myself unworthy and therefore not fit to be forgiven or to be called His child. But instead of remaining in my sorry state, I kept being reminded that He has forgiven me all of my sins, and I have been immersed and washed in His blood. I believe that in itself is more than enough when life’s burden or worries tries to bring us to the point when it seems all hope is gone.

We have to be prepared to be open to take suggestions. The driver would have thought, *erm* what does this horrible looking stench living, not fit to be spoken to Mouse have to tell me, and would have missed an opportunity that would have brought a much needed change in his life. The bible tells us that it is a wicked man who puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways (Prov. 21:29). If in need and help is offered accept it. It also says in Prov. 20:18; 24:6 (Make plans by seeking advice…. for victory many advisers). Isaiah 9:6; Prov. 12:16; 9:9; 1:8 - listen to good advice.

I also find talking about the things that are eaten away in my heart brings me a much needed relief. So again we need to find a spirit filled person to encourage us along our life’s journey. Especially one who is accustomed to your way. For example, I have two prayer partners, my mum and my girl friend. Both of which are spirit filled and always ready with the word from the bible to encourage me. I also have my pastors and network of Christian friends who I know are on their knees day and night praying on my behalf. If you don’t have one or have yet to find one, I am more than happy to be of help. But know this that the Lord God Loves you and whatever you are going through is not just for you alone, but to be an encouragement to the people He is sending you to.

Be prepared to cast your load upon the waters. Like me for example when I want something so badly you’ll know cause am all up in your face and everything, and I find that when I try to force it to be mine, *erm* it just breaks apart. So I’ve learnt to just let it go and let God. If this thing is meant for me, it will come back to me better than I started out with. It’s like saying Lord I want YOU to give me this, not me forcing it to be mine. Like the denim jeans example, if you force yourself into it, it will rip to bits, but when you finally fit into it, you’ll won’t know how it all happened (I am speaking from experience, I fit into them all now :)).

So don’t suffer in silence, and you are not an island. Wherever you hide yourself God is more than able to find you and send help to you. He loves you too too much, this time is only the refinery stage, and you’ll see the end result sooner than you think. You are just Fabulous.

4 comments:

chayomao said...

Amen to that!
i am not much of a talker when it comes to my feelings so i write it down!
But this post truly hit home!
Will be sharing this message.
Definitely worth reading.

temmy tayo said...

I hope i can copy and send this to someone? How are you my lovely darling?

Kafo said...

God is in control, i'm being confronted by words and the conclusion is that they have power. All is well with me, i hope that you are fine. have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very much a prompt reply :)