Thursday, September 07, 2006

Being Blessed

I just thought to blog concerning this as I just got off the phone with a friend at work, who asked me to keep her in my prayers and to ask the God that answers my prayers to answer hers. You see she just got saved and is struggling with all the random day issues such as tithing among others, and she is so convinced of how blessed I am that she feels that all I need do is pray on her behalf and all her issues will be solved. Anyways this got me thinking, I'm sat here, going through my issues, even though I spend time in fellowship with God it's still not enough and I'm dying for sunday just to be in the company of His saints. I began to feel a sense of dejavour, was convinced I had had the same conversation before. It got me thinking; I now recal a situation with a great friend of mine back in the UK, who is married and has been a blessing to me in more ways than one, and I remember her complaints back then, how people kept calling her blessed, "I mean how can I be blessed" she would say, and normally in bitterness of spirit. It got to the point where whenever this was said she took this as an offense. But now, she is an example of a woman who is blessed by God. I remeber reading Miguels blog and how he reminded me that the God that we serve is a God of order. I can't begin to explain how that rang in my spirit. ck was desperately sad but she hadn't realised that her blessings had to come in a certain order. You see she wanted a child, had no problems conceiving but the child was not coming fort. I realise now that the Lord had to settle her in a certain order. The Lord had to give them a great Job to afford the great house that they had just purchased, so that they had their own huge place to raise up a child, not just renting, but theirs. She is now an expectant mother; Thinking about this, I had to remind myself that the Lord had not forgotten me. Yes people will call me blessed because of my outward adornments but do they know what I'm struggling with. I'm struggling with the fact that I am blessed beyond my wildest imagination and still is ........

4 comments:

NaijaBloke said...

Nice post ...Got me thinking a bit ..Thx

Anonymous said...

The blessings of a beleiver may not be numerical but they are always there.Nice post dear, i have to keep seeing the positive side of things now.

Anonymous said...

really nice post.. many people-me included- don't always see that side of things. Its called Waiting in the Lord, is it not?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

The promises of the Lord are indeed yea and amen.