Friday, February 12, 2010

Time Travel

I had tried all week to put together a post, especially relevant for this time of the year. However, when the time came to pen my thoughts, the only thing that wanted to be written was the subject of “Time Travel”. I know right, what does time travel have to do with anything? :). I have no formal training in physics except for taking it during my “A” levels and my favourite teacher of all time Mr. Bancroft was my physics teacher :). The more I tried to ignore such an irrational thought on the concept of time travel; I still couldn’t succeed in removing it completely from my mind. And thus I was resigned to the fact that it was best to at least try to read up on it, and maybe do a little bit of research.

It turned out that after asking all the Physicists in my group and checking all the excellent website (those who may be interested check out Wikipedia, Kurt Gödel the logician, John Archibald Wheeler, Albert Einstein among other of course), I gathered that it was impossible to travel through time in our universe since the universe needs to be of a certain curvature for that to happen. However, I did remember from my “A” level physics class (X-file days) and from Wikipedia that:

“In
classical mechanics, time is treated as universal and constant, being independent of the state of motion of an observer. However In relativistic contexts, time cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space, because the rate at which time passes depends on an object's velocity relative to the speed of light and also on the strength of intense gravitational fields, which can slow the passage of time”.

I know right what does time travel have to do with my Happy Friday Post? Errmm, Im I the only one having like a light bulb moment here :).

Check this, if we were to apply this to the context of our walk with God – suppose if we start to move at the speed God wants us to move at, relative to Him, whilst at the same time becoming grounded in Him (not being properly grounded can affect our speed you know :)), then it means that whenever challenges in our lives arises, because we are already in another area of space/time we will clearly be oblivious to it. That is to say, problems that may have risen will never be noticeable, since, because of our rate of movement with God, we will undoubtedly always be ahead of any challenging situations that may be springing up. So, even though it is impossible to travel in time, as objects of God’s creation our ability to continually remain ahead of exigent events in our lives will be dependent on if and only if we are in a relationship (i.e. related) with Him.

You see my thinking :), my goodness, and you will never believe that this concept isn’t new. The Lord has always encouraged us to draw near to Him, because only then can we attain a level where situations whether negative or positive doesn’t really matter in the concept of the grand scheme of things. The LORD is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you – 2 Chronicles 15:2b.

Can you imagine getting to a point where no one need ever encourage you since discouragement comes from the challenging circumstances you sight! And because you are always ahead of the challenging circumstances, the downtime that affects your walk with God will be insignificant; which in the end will ultimately add up to making you an unstoppable “somborri”.

Wow Weeeeeeeeee!! Easy Lifeofastranger!

I know for a fact that I want to be unstoppable. I know for a fact that I no longer want to be discouraged. I know for a fact that it is the will of God for me to draw near to Him (James 4:8; 2 Chronicles 15:2; Zechariah 1:3; Malachi 3:7; Hebrew 7:19; Psalm 51:17; Job 17:9; James 3:17; Leviticus 26:11-12; Hosea 2:19-20; Deuteronomy 23:14). I know for a fact that it is His desire for me to move away from the thinking of this present world (Romans 12:2; 1 John 2:15; 1 Peter 1:14; Ephesians 4:23; Ephesians 5:10) and I know for a fact that He has asked me to pursue Him earnestly with all of my might (Luke 10:27; Deuteronomy 6:5; Deuteronomy 10:12; Deuteronomy 30:6; Matthew 22:37-4; Mark 12:30-34; Hebrews 8:10). “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” – Philippians 3:13.

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins – 1John 4:10.

So, since moving in the
relativistic context will make me unbeatable, I don’t think I need to be a physicist to apply this in my journey with God. Thank You Lord for such an invaluable opportunity to live a victorious life in You.

8 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

God is definitely behind this revelation.

"In classical mechanics, time is universal and constant, independent of the state of motion of the observer."

God created time and He is constant. If we stick with Him, we'll be way ahead of the world. I like this. I really really like this. And thanks for sharing that story of that boy on my blog, it blessed the socks outta me, I tell ya! LOL.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

@Jaycee, don't even get me started on the classical mechanics part. How true.

I just knew the Lord was asking me to go study it, and I was like, Time travel, as in, what does have to with anything. But it makes so much sense. It is time we started thinking and behaving the way He created us to :)

Fabulo-la said...

hmmm wow wow..i think I just had a lightbulb moment...hmmmmm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kafo said...

WHAT
this is profound oooo

preach Professor, preach

i think i have to read this one again

Kafo said...

okay so i have read it again
and it is something
the more i draw close to Him is reflected in the laws of light and physics.

i want this for life not just for a day but for forever

thanks for this oooooo

u knew i would like it

Anonymous said...

men...its been ages since i came here!hope you are doing great?

prashant said...

I like this. I really really like this. And thanks for sharing that story of that boy on my blog, it blessed the socks outta me,
data entry work from home