Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Day 37 – Sharing My Life’s Message

Sharing My Life’s Message

By becoming a believer I have become God’s messenger, and God wants to speak to the world through me [2 Corinth. 2 vs. 17 - Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God] and through my experiences to bring others into His family [1 John 5 vs. 10 - Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son].

How does He do this? Well He wants to speak to them through my testimony (the story of how I began a relationship with Jesus); through my life’s lesson (the most important lessons God has taught me); through my godly passions (the issues God shaped me to care about the most); and finally through the good news (the message of salvation).

By speaking to them through my testimony, He would like me to share with others how Christ has made a difference in my life. We have therefore been chosen to share our life’s story [1 Pet. 2 vs. 9 - But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light; Acts 1 vs. 8 - But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth] simply as witnesses of the goodness of God, which is an essential part of (mine) our mission. Sharing my testimony is also vital as many people who won’t accept the authority of the bible will listen to a humble, personal story; this explains why Paul used his testimony to share the gospel instead of quoting scriptures [1 Pet. 3 vs. 15-16 - But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behaviour in Christ may be ashamed of their slander]. We are told the best way to be ready in sharing our testimony is to write and memorise them.

By speaking to them through my life’s lesson. These lessons are the truth that God has taught me through my experiences. Such as lesson and insights that God has taught me through relationships, problems, temptations and other aspect of life [Psalm 119 vs. 33 - Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end]. Sadly the mistake I have made (and we all too) is never learning from them [Psalm 106 vs. 43 - Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin]; so while it is wise to learn from my experiences, it is even better to learn from the experiences of others [Prov. 25 vs. 12 - Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear].

By speaking to them as I share my godly passion. God is a very passionate God; and as I grow closer to Him He will give me a passion for something He cares a lot deeply; so that I can be a spokesman for Him, but I need to grow closer to Him so that he can deposit himself into me, only then will I not be able to keep my self from talking about what He cares about the most [Matt. 12 vs. 34 - You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks; Psalm 69 vs. 9 - for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me; Jeremiah 20 vs. 9 - But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot]. Only then will I be passionate about a problem, purpose or principle and champion God’s cause. But in doing so I am reminded to never belittle someone else’s godly passion [Gal. 4 vs. 18 - It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you].

Finally my life’s message includes the good news; [Rom. 1 vs. 17 - For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."; 2 Corinth. 5 vs. 19 - that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation] a message that shows that I trust God’s grace to save me through what Jesus did; my sins are forgiven; that I get a purpose for living and a promised future home in heaven. However I need also to care for unbelievers, because God has never created anyone He didn’t love and loved them to the point of turning away from His Son on the cross because of how much He hates my sins.

I therefore need to ask God to fill my heart with love for His children so that the fear of sharing His message will depart from my heart.

My fellow friends, I ask you today what are you willing to do for those around you who are not saved. [2 Corinthians 5 vs. 14 - For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died; 1 John 4 vs. 18 - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love; 2 Pet. 3 vs. 9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance; Col. 4 vs. 5 - Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity].

1 comment:

Naijadude said...

There's power in testifying....

Thanks for the message